Ukraine Economy Week: Labor market and new economy is a series of events organized by Kyiv School of Economics jointly with the National Bank of Ukraine and VoxUkraine.
The Week takes place twice a year, starting from 2017.
The focus of the Week is the future of the labor market in the new reality of coronavirus and world economic crisis.
The Week will feature multiple open discussions, highlighting different aspects of the future in the economy and the labor market.
There will be public lectures and workshops by prominent academic, policy, and business speakers. Top speakers from the USA, Western and Eastern Europe will join the discussion on transformation of the organizations, social mobility, human capital and economy.
The UEW will gather regulators, international organizations, banking sector, corporations, SME, media and academia, and will provide a platform for overarching public dialogue to analyze international best practices and shape the development agenda for the Ukrainian economy.
The objective of the Week is to promote a meaningful and inclusive discussion on economics that will lead to real change and development.
This event is organized with the financial support from Sweden.
Lecture for students
David Berger, Duke University – “How monetary policy works in practice for households?”
Panel discussion “New models of people management”
- Yulia Svyrydenko (Vice Minister, The Ministry for Development of Economy, Trade and Agriculture)
- Alina Kachorovska (CEO Kachorovska)
- Eugenia Mazurenko, Zagoriy Foundation
- Vira Platonova, Senior Vice President, Group Country Manager for Visa CISSEE
Moderator – Nataliya Mykolska, SheExports, KSE
[14:00-15:00] Open interview “Labor market in Ukraine – perspectives for international integration”
Open interview “Labor market in Ukraine – perspectives for international integration”
- Tretyakova Galina, Head of the Committee of Verkhovna Rada on Social Politics and Veterans’ Rights Protection
Moderator – Tymofiy Mylovanov, KSE President
Open interview with Sergey Guriev, professor of economics at the Instituts d’études politiques in Paris.
Panel discussion “Does the social elevator work in Ukraine?”
When: 14:00 – 15:30
- Roman Borysenko, National bank of Ukraine deputy Governor
- Sofia Guzenko, KSE Alumna, Senior Consultant, Private Equity, McKinsey&Company
- Ivona Kostyna, co-founder Veteran Hub
- Tetyana Tyshchuk, PhD, project leader of IMoRe
Moderator: Iryna Tymoshchenko-Petrova | Leadership Assessment&Development Manager | People Advisory Services
Workshop “How entrepreneurs should save up for pensions”.
[19:00 – 20:30] VoxUkraine joint event: Book presentation by Valeria Gontareva, former NBU governor (2014-2018)
“Mission Possible: The True Story of Ukraine’s Comprehensive Banking Reform and Practical Manual for Other Nations” by Valeria Gontareva. Book presentation.
When: 19:00 – 20:30
Borys Davidenko, Liga.net, editor in chief
Valeria Gontareva – former Governor, National bank of Ukraine (2014-2018), now – Senior Policy Fellow, Institute of Global Affairs, LSE.
[12:00 – 13:30] VoxUkraine joint event: public discussion “How should education meet labor market demand”
Public discussion “How should education meet labor market demand”.
When: 12:00 – 13:30
- Olga Kupets, KSE professor
- Anna Novosad, former Minister of education of Ukraine
- Marina Ott, analyst, VoxUkraine
- Olga Pogarska, economic analysis department director, National bank of Ukraine
Yulia Mincheva, VoxConnector project lead